How to move your pet via airways?
You will definitely agree with the fact that making plans for your upcoming move is not at all easy. It needs ample amount of energy, time and leaves you feeling frustrated and anxious, etc. But, you face a lot more difficulties if you shift along with your pet as it is not an easy job to move with an animal.
Some of you may not be aware of the fact that only Air India and Jet Airways allow pets to travel in their plane. Vistara and Spice Jet also let the pets move with their owner but they have their route limitation.
So, if you have made up your mind to move your pet along with you, then you must pay heed to the following points –
1. Make sure that you have all the documents related to the movement of your pet such as:
a. Vaccination records
b. Fitness certificate
c. Letter from State Forest or Wildlife Department stating that the pet does not fall into the Packers and Movers Ludhiana category of an endangered species
d. IATA approved cage which ensures that the cage is spacious enough for the pet to live comfortably.
2. It would be better if you buy the cage in advance and let your pet stay in them for few days before the day of final movement so that they can get comfortable with the cage and do not create havoc during the journey.
3. The carriage of the pet can be carried as an accompanied luggage or it can get shipped as a cargo. No matter what you choose, you need to perform the booking separately 72 hours prior to the move.
4. If your pet is being moved without you, then the booking is only done by the cargo office of the respective airlines. But, you need to keep in mind that such kind of travelling can happen only with direct flights and not with connecting flights.
5. If you want your pet to accompany you to the flight’s cabin, then it can only happen if the combined weight of the pet carrier and the luggage is below 5kg. You need to check in if your pet alone weighs more than 5kg.
6. Pets who are less than 8 weeks old, pregnant are not allowed to travel.
7. Visit the office to reserve the seats for your pet as it cannot be done over call. Also, the airline has its limit of the Packers and Movers Ahmedabad of pets they can allow to travel in the cabin. That is why, you should ask them in advance if there is any room for your pet.
8. Movement of pet by airways can cost you much more than the railways. Thus, you can also opt to move your pet via railways.
So, if you do not want to face any issues during the journey, make sure to keep the aforementioned points in mind.