THE NATIONAL CATHEDRAL
I often don't like writing much so in short, let me outline some of the major benefits of the National Cathedral.
GATHERING OF SAINTS
- A place for all believers to meet from time to time despite our differences to share the Love of God as one family
- To raise corporate prayer as a country for the Nation
- To meet and pray into the prophetic future of mother Ghana and Africa
- A spiritual warehouse for Christendom in Ghana
- National praise and worship festivals
- The place will be home for us to have expert theologians in every field to organise serious training programmes from time to time
- Refresher courses for practicing men and women of God
- Practical experience sharing by old ministers of God with emerging ministers
- A place where people can go to learn by meeting expects on say Eschatology, pneumatology, etc.
- People will travel from far and near to see the magnificence of a home built by the nation to the Most High God.
- Students from far and near will come for excursion there.
- There will be a canteen there,
- A book shop/ Christian materials shop
- There will also be security guards
- Gardeners and cleaners
- Tour guards
- Sound Engineers
- Electrical workers
- The construction process will bring so many jobs that will stimulate the economy even more
In short, we have been praying for a revival of Christianity in Ghana, and from where I sit, this offers a perfect time for that revival.
Some has said that this is not priority now. They go ahead to list the need for hospitals, ambulances, etc. But my knowledge in economics says that, human wants are insatiable and even if all the needs of everyone were met in a day, new wants will emerge. And so there will never be anytime as the right time. Again, I learnt in basic school, that procrastination is a thief of time.
IF IT MUST BE DONE, IT MUST BE DONE NOW.
BY P.D. Orchill