PayPal Refund Policy covers the refund needs of both buyers as well as sellers. However, this specific 180-day refund policy is available only for the buyers.
According to this policy, if a buyer has purchased an item through the PayPal platform and suddenly changed his mind about the product, then he is eligible to get a refund if he cancels the order within a stipulated time.
However, most of the users are confused about the same and do not what is covered under the 180-day buyer Paypal Refund Policy. This policy is governed by a set of principles which let you decide, how you are going to get the refund.
If it is not more than 180 days of making your payment via PayPal, then you can easily opt for a refund.
There are three basic methods to get a refund:
- The first thing you can do is cancel the payment you have made.
- Or, send an email to the seller about the issue you are having with the product and ask him to refund you the paid amount.
- Apart from this, if you find that the seller is not responding to your queries, then you may issue a dispute for the same.
These three methods are explained below in details.
To cancel a PayPal payment
- Access your PayPal account by logging in.
- Go through the transaction details.
- Select the payment you want to cancel.
- Choose the ‘cancel’ option for the same transaction.
- Confirm your action, in the end.
To send a refund request email to the seller
- Firstly, log in to your PayPal account.
- After that, find the payment that you want to cancel.
- Under it, find the information of the seller.
- You’ll find option to send an email to him.
- Enter your query and then follow some easy prompts.
To issue a dispute
- Login to your PayPal account and go to the ‘Resolution Center’.
- Select ‘report a problem’ option and then select the desired transaction.
- Again, click ‘Resolution Center’ available at the bottom of the page.
- Put a mark against the option ‘I have a problem with an item I purchased’.
- Click ‘Continue’ and choose from the given options.
- Specify the refund amount and click ‘continue’ again.
If you still do not get your refund amount back, then either you must be making some mistake or you need get help from PayPal Customer Service.