Australia is one of the best destinations in Asia to settle down and work. The country has a stable government and steady economic growth. It could be an ideal destination to live a peaceful life with the family. The country encourages foreigners to apply for short term visas to meet the shortage of manpower in various fields like nursing, teaching, and marketing. A short term visa is a way to apply for a PR visa to Australia. If you have a plan to work in Australia, the TSS visa can be a suitable choice. Below are some key important points on the visa to know whether you are the right candidate of TSS.
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
The visa comes under subclass 482. It lets an employer in Australia to sponsor a suitable skilled worker to fill a position that they cannot find in the country. The visa plan is further divided into several streams. You can choose a suitable stream for yourself.
Types of Streams under The TSS Visa
Short Term Stream- The stream allows migrants to work on the occupation that is on the short-term skilled occupation list. The processing time of the visa is a maximum of 4 months. Migrants are allowed to stay in the country for up to 2 years or up to 4 years.
Medium-Term Stream- The stream allows migrants to work on the occupation that is on either the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skill List or the Regional Occupation List. It allows you to work in the country for up to 4 years. The processing time can stretch to a maximum of 5 years.
Labour Agreement Stream- The employer should have a labour agreement to employ immigrants. The labour agreement is signed between the Australian Home Affairs and the employer. It is valid for up to 5 years. The processing time of the visa is not confirmed by the Australian authority.
Subsequent Entrant- The visa is for family members of Subclass 457 and TSS visa holders who are applying separately for their TSS visa. The processing time of the visa is not fixed.
Basic Eligibility of the Visa
No matter in which stream you are applying, some basic eligibility is necessary to fulfill.
- You must be nominated for a skilled position by an approved sponsor.
- You must have the skills for which you are applying.
- You should know functional English.
- Your health and character requirements must match the requirements set by the Australian Authority.
- You have appropriate health insurance to pay for medical expenses in Australia.
- It is a temporary visa plan. Once the visa is processed successfully, you can apply for a PR visa if your TSS visa allows you to do so. During your stay in Australia, you are free to travel down to your home country as many times as you want.