Custom effects applied to puffy


The other day I saw 3d online embroidery digitizing on a pouf, but with the use of such a technique in which I would never have guessed to make an inscription.

.

The other day I saw 3d online embroidery digitizing on a pouf, but with the use of such a technique in which I would never have guessed to make an inscription:

At first glance, there is nothing remarkable about this inscription and nothing complicated. But it looks very unusual. It also has a volume corresponding to this technique, and the surface of the letters is not smooth due to the additional top layer of stitches (direction of movement along the contour).

Of course, I decided to try to build something similar myself. I will demonstrate what I did.

Logically, simply covering the pouf with high quality, using only the effect of the direction of the stitches along the contour, will not work - it will not be perforated and cannot be torn off. Therefore, the main part of the embroidery, which allows me to make the punching operation, will be traditional for me in one of these techniques. And on top, I will put stitches in the direction I need on everything that is embroidered. I managed to do the embroidery on the pouf, filling in arbitrary contours with ordinary tatami, which means that it should work out here too. The first stage, after which I will embroider the outer decorative layer, looks like this in all cases for me:

I made the first option like this:

I set the shortening of the stitches so that they do not accumulate in narrow places and around the edges of the embroidery. I set the density to 0.5 mm and picked up "teeth" instead of the usual filling. With the stitch length, for a better fit to the path of the contour, I had to tinker with each contour separately. And in the end, my stitch length did not exceed 3mm. Because of this desire to go around the contour as accurately as possible, I flattened the entire pouf during embroidery:

There was no volume at all, despite the fact that I used a solid Hunold pouf. The volume was even less than I usually embroider tatami on the same pouf. And the density of this decorative layer seemed too high.

I have the second option with a thinned density of up to 0.8 mm and removed decorative effects from the stitches - a simple division along the stitch length (5-5.5 mm):

I embroider:

Already better, but not that, too uniform sections, but side edges appeared, as on the original embroidery.

In the third version, taking a closer look at the photo, I applied the “loop” effect (Wings XP) inside the effect of laying out stitches in the direction of the contour. This effect allows you to lay out the stitches not only along the contour, but also to loop them (something like a spiral filling in other editors). And at the same time, he removes the uniformity of stitch distribution, which I did not like so much in the second version, with the same parameters. Not all types of contours can successfully do this, but still this option is worth trying:

I embroider:

It turns out a variant closer to the original, but the density seemed not enough, but the pouf does not break and the stitches in the letters are given the desired direction. So, if you play around with the settings, you can completely achieve the desired appearance.

In my opinion, on top, in addition to the contour filling, you can also apply any motive fill to give the texture to smooth embroidery. This should be interesting too.

PS And I, being naive, believed that I had already tried all the techniques on the pouf. But no. There is still a lot of interesting things ahead and I still don't know much.