The WPS pin stands for the “Wifi protected setup” option and for making the connection between a router and the wireless printers along with other devices, this one is used for security purposes. All you need is to find the WPS pin for HP printer to establish the connection between the accessible devices. The wireless technology is used in the HP printer and allows the users you print the documents from anywhere anytime. The WPS pin code is used for connecting the wireless printer to your personal device and setup the printer either via wired network or via wireless router and then you can start printing the documents without any hassle.
In case you are a beginner and do not have any idea to deal with it, then it is suggested to go through the information that is provided in this article. Before we start to discuss, you need to understand that if you install the HP printer driver on your computer and your printer is asking for the WPS pin to make a connection then it is a must to have a basic understanding of the topic. Getting the WPS pin for HP printer is quite tough for almost all non-tech users. Using the pin might be difficult for some of the non-tech users, and if you are one of them then let us begin to understand how can you find WPS pin on HP and use it.
What are the desired steps to locate the WPS pin for hp printer?
You need to understand that there are basically two ways to have WPS setup connections in HP printers. One is via WPS button and the other is via WPS pin and anyone can easily connect the printer wirelessly. Here is the stepwise process to describe the ways:
Connect HP printer using WPS button
- First of all, you need to go to the HP printer’s control panel or the screen and then tap on the “Wireless” button or the “Setting” button.
- Now, select the “Wifi protected setup” option and follow the on-screen instructions that are further displayed on the screen.
- In the next step, you have to select the “WPS” button.
- After this, the printer will ask you to tap on the WPS button for the wireless router.
- Once you tap on the WIFI Protected setup/ WPS button on the router, then you have to go to the printer and tap on the “Continue” button to get the wireless connection.
- Once the connection is made the printer is ready to print.
Connect HP printer via WPS PIN
- Go to the HP printer’s control panel and click on the “Wireless” button and go to the “Settings” button.
- Tap on the “WPS” and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- Now, you will be redirected to the WIFI Protected setup pin just click on it.
- The prin will be displayed on-screen.
- In the next step, you have to access the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or access point.
- Once the hp printer is setup, then you can install the network printer driver by opening the printer’s HP folder in “All Programs” and then go to the “Printer setup software” option.
- After this, you have to choose the option labeled as “Connect a new printer” on the PC in “All Programs” and then go to the “Printer setup Software” tab.
- Choose the option labeled as “ Connect a new printer” on your PC.
- Doing this will make a connection for WPS pin for hp printer
By concluding, we hope that you are now clear with the concept to connect and work with WPS pin for hp printer. However, if still there are confusions related to the topic or you are facing other errors such as printer says out of paper, then it is suggested to visit the official website and download HP printer assistant so that you can resolve the issues.