Working on QuickBooks is not much of a hassle; however, sometimes, the application might start showing technical glitches that become tricky to resolve. One such issue is the QuickBooks Error The File Exists, which occurs when several users try to access the company file or when various features of the program start malfunctioning. You must resolve the problem right away to avoid losing your company data. Read below to understand numerous factors behind this error and the best methods to get rid of it.
As QuickBooks users, your job is to work on it. To resolve the incoming errors, get in touch with the experts who can look after them for you. Contact the team at 1.800.579.0391.
Primary Reasons behind QuickBooks Error The File Exists
- -Using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- -When the system is unable to read to the files.
- -Poor internet connectivity.
- -The User does not have full administrative rights.
- -Incomplete installation of the latest update.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error The File Exists
Solution 1- Give the User Full Access
- -Locate the QuickBooks icon on the desktop and click right on it.
- -Choose the Open File Location option.
- -Press the Backspace key on your keyboard.
- -In the following window, you will see a root folder.
- -Navigate to the QuickBooks folder and click right on it.
- -Tap on Properties.
- -Move to the Security option.
- -Press the Edit button.
- -Choose Add.
- -Click on Everyone.
- -Hit the OK button.
- -Check the Full Control box.
- -Press Apply.
- -Repeat the steps and choose the User.
Read Also - Quickbooks Error 1328
Solution 2- Disable the User Account Control (UAC) Settings
- -Hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- -In the search field, type Control Panel.
- -Hit the OK button.
- -In the following window, locate the User accounts.
- -Tap on the Change User Account Settings.
- -Press the Yes button.
- -Place the slider on the Never Notify option.
- -Close the window.
- -Restart your computer.
- -Update and open QuickBooks.
Solution 3- Register the QuickBooks files
- -Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- -Select the Properties option.
- -Click on Open File Location.
- -Locate the reboot.bat file.
- -Choose to Run as Administrator.
- -The following window will display a black screen showing all QuickBooks files.
- -Check if the file exists here.
- -Reboot your device.
We shall now conclude our blog on QuickBooks Error The File Exists, which provides multiple triggers and resolutions to eliminate it from your device. If the steps mentioned above do not resolve the issue, it is best to connect with a pro-advisor at 1.800.579.0391 for professional help.