UNITED NATIONS STUDENTS ASSOCIATION UNIVERSITY OF CAPE COAST (UNSA-UCC)??????
Nominee- best campus group of the Year.
USA-UCC is an on-campus academic and diplomatic student association of the University of Cape Coast campus that seeks to raise public awareness on the various functionalities of the United Nations.
We disseminate information and promote issues of global concern such as SDGs, Africa Agenda 2063, International Relations and Diplomacy, Encourage Entrepreneurship, HIV/AIDS, Climate change, human rights, poverty, etc.
We educate members on the intricacies of diplomacy, effective public speaking, Information Technology, international relations, diplomacy, and conflict resolution. We organize Model United Nations conferences to emulate and understand the functionality of the United Nations.
USA-UCC collaborates with UN & AU agencies, diplomatic bodies, NGO's, and other relevant agencies in the realization of the UN and AU goals to make the world a better place.
In one sentence, USA-UCC is about promoting the cause of the UN & AU on campus.
We also provide internship opportunities, traveling opportunities, scholarships, and job opportunities for students.
USA-UCC sets to achieve the following aims
1. To promote the diplomatic functions of the United Nations and its Global Development Agenda
2. To provide the required atmospheric platform for the next generation of global diplomats and peace negotiators to add their voices to the international voices through MUN Conferences.
3. Our training and workshops are designed to build the public speaking skills and capacity of our members.
4. To strengthen the National & International security by teaching the concept of round table negotiation and compromise tendencies (Give & Take) as alternative dispute resolution as against the use of force and violence.
5. To create awareness of contemporary National and International issues amongst the upcoming leaders.
6. To arouse or instigate the interest of the upcoming leaders in diplomacy and international relations/politics.
7. To create critical thinkers and foster patriotic thinking among global youths.
8. Breaking the ethnoreligious barrier for National and International growth and development through the Global Citizens Program.
*Specifically in Relation to UN;*
√To facilitate the study of the United Nation’s system and its associated agencies.
√To promote the interests of students in the system for peace and security.
√To fight for the principles
enshrined in the United Nation’s charter and the universal declaration of human rights.
√To stimulate and maintain students' interest in international affairs.
√To foster friendship among youth of all countries.
•UNSA-UCC has organized conferences on various aspects of youth development. Some of these conferences are Stupreneur Conference, which talks about student entrepreneurship, Academic Excellence Summit, and Diplomats Leadership Conference, which had guest speakers from the office of the UN in New York, United Kingdom, Ghana, Pakistan and across the world.
•UNSA-UCC has recently organized a Model United Nations Conference. It is the second Model United Nations conference in Ghana organized by a public university as well as an internationally diverse Model United Nations Conference.
•UNSA-UCC organizes. charity trips to places of need, especially the remote communities in Ghana.
Our Educate Ghana and CCAP projects are geared towards giving quality education and directives to students on furthering their education after JHS & SHS.
As a recognized International body we make sure we network with other universities and institutions whereby opportunities available are been given to our members.