INNES EWURAKUA ANDREA is the name.
A student of the University of Mines and Technology (UMaT) offering Bsc. in Environmental and Safety Engineering, Year 3.
Thanks to CliqAfriq for this opportunity and to everyone who nominated me for the award category of SECRETARY OF THE YEAR.
Playing a leadership role has been my strongest desire. My interest in being a Secretary began from first year after I fully accessed my strengths, weaknesses and capabilities.
I served as the General Secretary of the Dr. Michael Tete Kofi Hall (KTH), UMaT for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Before then I had served in the following offices:
○ Press and Information Secretary - National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS), UMaT
○ General Secretary - RCA Board, Faculty of Mineral Resources Technology (FMRT), UMaT.
With the following qualities: being a good team player, hardworking and dedicated, ready to learn and accept corrections, and in my capacity as the General Secretary of KT Hall, I was able to bridge the communication gap between members of the Hall and the administrative body by ensuring effective communication and dissemination of information.
Below are my achievements serving as a Secretary amidst other duties and errands:
1. Successfully kept records of all JCRC and JCR Meetings.
2. Employed the use of bulk SMS (text messages) to help circulate information and reach out to all Hall residents.
3. Made a suggestion box available for members to lodge complaints anonymously so their concerns could be collated and forwarded to the appropriate quarters for redress.
4. Backed up documents online to perpetuate record keeping for subsequent administration.
5. Together with the PRO, created an Instagram page for the Hall to enable members get interactive on matters and events of the Hall.
6. Worked with my team to ensure a successful Hall Week Celebration dubbed "EUPHORIA". This saw a massive turn up of students during each day's activity due to high publicity and proper organization of activities.
7. Worked hand in hand with the executive body to ensure an effective and smooth running of the day to day activities of our administration.
With the above achievements and duties effectively performed as a Secretary, I believe I have proved myself worthy of that office and I am deemed fit for this award.